Tuesday, August 14, 2007

You Never Let Go.

Psalm 18:
1 I love you, Lord;
you are my strength.
2 The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior;
my God is my rock, in whom I find protection.
He is my shield, the power that saves me,
and my place of safety.
3 I called on the Lord, who is worthy of praise,
and he saved me from my enemies.

4 The ropes of death entangled me;
floods of destruction swept over me.
5 The grave wrapped its ropes around me;
death laid a trap in my path.
6 But in my distress I cried out to the Lord;
yes, I prayed to my God for help.
He heard me from his sanctuary;
my cry to him reached his ears.

7 Then the earth quaked and trembled.
The foundations of the mountains shook;
they quaked because of his anger.
8 Smoke poured from his nostrils;
fierce flames leaped from his mouth.
Glowing coals blazed forth from him.
9 He opened the heavens and came down;
dark storm clouds were beneath his feet.
10 Mounted on a mighty angelic being, he flew,
soaring on the wings of the wind.
11 He shrouded himself in darkness,
veiling his approach with dark rain clouds.
12 Thick clouds shielded the brightness around him
and rained down hail and burning coals.
13 The Lord thundered from heaven;
the voice of the Most High resounded
amid the hail and burning coals.
14 He shot his arrows and scattered his enemies;
his lightning flashed, and they were greatly confused.
15 Then at your command, O Lord,
at the blast of your breath,
the bottom of the sea could be seen,
and the foundations of the earth were laid bare.

16 He reached down from heaven and rescued me;
he drew me out of deep waters.
17 He rescued me from my powerful enemies,
from those who hated me and were too strong for me.
18 They attacked me at a moment when I was in distress,
but the Lord supported me.
19 He led me to a place of safety;
he rescued me because he delights in me.

This is one of my favorite Psalms & for many reasons. However, today I was meditating on it and a new picture came to me. You know when the Lord is just repeatedly trying to get a point across to you and He just sends you truth over and over and over and over again....until the light clicks....and then He gives you the truth again, just to be sure?

Well, it's like what I wrote about last night...it's his grace.

This idea that He is FOR ME (for us), even when we do not deserve it.

Anyways, back to the Psalm- Like I said, I have loved this passage for many reasons, but there was a new part today that spoke to me and it's a picture of the fierce rescue of the Savior....the fight for the one He loves.

The scripture sets it up beautifully- he hears our cries and the foundations of the earth shake...The Lord thundered from heaven.

The Father God, the Lover God literally turns the whole earth upside down to "show up" for our rescue.

The timing of this beautiful picture is unreal...it's supernatural b/c I have been struggling with a deep sorrow of being "unwanted". A new grief that I am struggling with for the first time....even though it has been there for a really long time....just deep under the surface.

Father God makes me feel wanted with this imagery. He did not have to use David to paint this picture for us....but He's an artist....an artist that uses imagery to convince us over and over again----even when we doubt over and over again....to convince us....to convince me that I am worthy of being wanted.

I don't have to fight for it anymore.
I am wanted.

you are wanted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).