Monday, July 23, 2007

Let's be realistic

I've been struggling with my reality lately.
I think we often believe what we want to believe about things or people in our lives, because it's often too difficult to face the truth. The truth-to me- often seems overwhelming & paralyzing.

This is why it's so tempting to live in a false reality...it's much more comfortable & safe----more than that....it's controllable. Isn't that what we want? To be in control?
I do.

So, what about the truth sets you free? especially when much of the time it feels overwhelming, paralyzing & often terribly painful.

And, more than that---if the truth really sets you free....why am I so quick to run from my reality & turn to what I want to believe?

I think the thing that's so freeing about the truth is because you actually have no control & it frees you of the responsibility and burden of "perfecting" your life....although I still try like hell to "perfect" my life.

Of course, this idea doesn't really work if you are a relativist, meaning- you believe that all truth is relative.

For now, I'm just trying to come to terms with my reality and trust that someone wiser than me is in control.

No comments: