Monday, October 1, 2007

Thankful

So, last night at church we had baptism & it was pretty amazing. Except for the fact that I had to be the one to hold the microphone so that people could say their name and why they were being baptized. I had major anxiety over electrecuting someone (including my boss).

I was brought to tears by so many of the people who publicly professed why they were being baptized....saying things like "I've lived in bondage for way too long & I want my life back".
It's just crazy how easy it is to forget what God has done----just even the simplicity of His salvation and how unworthy we are of it. I don't remember that fervor for Jesus, that excitement over declaring that Jesus saved me. I so easily forget. I hate that.

Last night, we were challenged to call to mind what we are thankful for & honestly---it took me a while, but as I meditated I thought....at this very moment in my life- I am thankful for forgiveness.

For the power in God's forgiveness of me b/c I feel so black much of the time....especially lately & for the power he has given me to forgive. What a miracle.....what a miracle it is to let go.

No comments: